5 Key Marketing Updates You Need to Know This Week – October 13th
Since marketing methods are always being updated, you need to be too.
Stay in the know with these advertising news stories from the past weeks, updated October 13th, 2021.
1. New Twitter Ad Placement
Like most people, you may feel that Twitter overloads your feed with ads.
Unfortunately, it could get worse: the platform is testing ads in the middle of conversations. If you’re part of the iOS and Android test, you’ll see ads after the first, third or eighth reply to a tweet. Prepare to get overstimulated
2. DoorDash launches Search Ads
In an attempt to boost revenue, DoorDash is selling restaurant ads that show up on top of the search results in its app. Restaurants can purchase the ad placements through a bidding system or by talking with an ad-sales person. The restaurants pay for sponsored ads when users click through the ads and order something.
3. Yelp Business Section Overhaul
Custom search filters, a new review flow, themed ads and Project Cost Guides are among the new features Yelp rolled out for services businesses and the users who are looking for them.
- Users can search for fast-responding businesses, businesses that give virtual consultations, or businesses that specialize in a certain type of job or repair.
- Themed ads show what differentiates a company from its competitors.
- When customers use the Request-A-Quote, the users will be encouraged to write a review based on the information they submit.
- The Project Cost Guides give information and tips for hiring a professional for a certain project.
4. TikTok and Halloween for Brands
Businesses that want to connect with their customers are turning to TikTok. This is especially important as Halloween approaches.
- Halloween spending in 2020 reached a record high of $92.12 per person.
- 35% of consumers found their Halloween ideas online.
- TikTok influenced 59% of users’ Halloween costume purchases.
- The platform influenced 42% of users’ sweets and chocolate purchases.
- Marketers can write a sentence or two with Halloween-themed hashtags to boost their posts’ visibility and engagement.
5. App Store Optimization 2021 Checklist
How can you make sure the users who need your app can find it? With App Store Optimization (ASO), of course! Use Apple’s and Google’s search algorithms to increase your app’s visibility and downloads.
- Focus on your 3-5 most popular keywords.
- Create a benchmark of the apps to beat based on their downloads, ratings and ranks.
- Include your most important keywords in your app’s name.
- Use keywords in your app’s subtitle or short description.
- Optimize your keyword list for Apple.
- Use keywords in your app’s long description for Google Play.
- Work to increase your app’s ratings.
Need a hand?
At Operam, we look at your marketing as a whole rather than in isolated silos. As a result, we optimize the value you realize from every step of the customer journey, no matter how many channels it entails. Contact Operam today to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals.