5 Key Marketing Updates You Need to Know This Week – October 7th
Since marketing methods are always being updated, you need to be too.
Stay in the know with these advertising news stories from the past weeks, updated October 7, 2021.
1. Snapchat offers cash prizes through Challenges.
Snapchat is providing weekly cash awards to three to five Creators who make videos using specific Lenses, perform certain activities or play a chosen sound inside Spotlight. The winners are chosen based on which eligible videos are viewed the most often. The payouts range from $250 to $25,000.
The challenges are designed to boost specific trends or encourage different types of content. This helps differentiate between Spotlight and TikTok. Viewers are encouraged to come back and find something new. Sponsored Challenges may be offered in the future.
- In July, daily usage of Spotlight was up 49% quarter over quarter.
- Time spent per day was up over 60% in the U.S.
2. Microsoft Advertising is phasing out ETAs, changing remarketing lists and Audience Network updates.
Starting June 30, 2022, Microsoft Advertising will include only RSAs in standard search campaigns. Microsoft Audience Ads will have improved view-through conversions, expanded In-market Audiences, a beta for auto-generated remarketing lists and many Microsoft Audience Network updates. Existing ETAs cannot be edited or added.
- Advertisers can filter their feed by ID and category, enter multiple values and exclude values.
- CPM pricing for standalone audience campaigns will target users in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, France, Germany, or New Zealand.
- New view-through conversion types include conversion rate, conversion CPA, conversion revenue and conversion ROAS.
- The Microsoft Audience Network is expanding into 18 new markets.
- In-market Audiences regions are expanding to 7 new countries.
- Auto-generated remarketing lists include All Visitors, All Converters and Smart Remarketing.
3. Google’s rich result reports help companies perform better in search results.
Google Search Console has a new set of detailed errors in its rich results reports. The reports are more actionable so you can understand and solve the issues.
- The summary page and details page show errors, warnings and other details about supported rich results.
- The new errors include invalid attribute string length, invalid attribute enum value, invalid object, type conversion failed and out of numeric range.
4. Google Analytics updates data-driven attribution, machine learning models and Search Console integration.
Fill in measurement gaps are coming to GA4 through a new Search Console integration, data-driven attribution and new machine learning models.
- The Search Console integration lets marketers view their site’s rank, queries that led to clicks and other data.
- Marketers can view their information within GA4 without opening their Search Console.
- Data-driven attribution without minimum thresholds will be in attribution reports.
- Marketers gain a better idea of where to invest for greater conversions.
5. Apple, attribution and growth marketing in 2021.
The changes that Apple made to iOS 14 and 15 to preserve user privacy have forced growth marketers to redefine their growth analytics engines. This is especially problematic for startups that need to define their attribution models and determine how to acquire their first customers. It also affects the determination of when growth marketing should begin and which metrics to use to determine success.
- Connecting market spend on social media channels to actual purchase actions is important.
- Purchasing decisions can be highly involved.
- Attribution models should start basic and simple, then evolve later.
- The goal is to measure how much incremental revenue is being generated by the marketing efforts.
Need a hand?
At Operam, we look at your marketing as a whole rather than in isolated silos. As a result, we optimize the value you realize from every step of the customer journey, no matter how many channels it entails. Contact Operam today to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals.