As a Business Development Representative, you will play a key role in supporting key business development initiatives and building our sales pipeline in order to support our growing agency business. As a member of the team, you will research, prospect and create opportunities for the sales team. The BDR very often has the first (and therefore the most important) opportunity to make a positive impression on a potential customer, so you will be responsible for starting an experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow up.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with high energy, be results driven, have a team player mentality, and be able to evolve quickly as the business expands. Ability to work independently using judgment and discretion is essential. Familiarity with the agency and paid media space and a proven track record of effective, credible lead follow up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization are definite pluses. Responsibilities
- Research, prospect and do outreach to targeted accounts and communicate about Operam services via various channels to create sales ready opportunities with measurable markers.
- Monitor activities related to the BD plans and help with the execution of tactics.
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up and generate interest.
- Become a credible resource and develop trusted relationships with prospects.
- Collaborate with marketing to support successful campaigns and events including preparing/project management of sales presentation materials in advance of business development meetings.
- Create a great first impression to prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Operam services.
- Attend client meetings with senior level sales leaders where applicable.
- Perform review and analysis related to RFPs and implement/design effective processes related to RFPs.
- Research, help arrange, promote and participate in business development outreach events as well as networking opportunities in conjunction with marketing team.
- Work with existing and/or seek out and establish partnerships with outside vendors/partners as needed.
- Heavily utilize CRM to track pipeline, utilize efficiency tools and provide analyzed data to Sales team to help hit key targets and objectives.
- Provide assistance for other business development activities as needed.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in BD related activities including Demand Generation and/or sales calls, 2+ years preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business or Marketing
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time management skills
- Passion for testing, measuring and improving outreach and follow up effectiveness
- Outside client meeting sales experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience using CRM software (Salesforce) a plus and analysis of pipeline
- Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to write clearly, and concisely, must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to travel as required for conferences, client calls and trade shows.
Have a passion for the digital space and experience in digital planning across various channels. Able to work autonomously in a very collaborative team environment and will take complete ownership of projects to deliver successful results and flourish in a fast-paced environment. Must be passionate about technology, intelligent & curious, extremely detail oriented & organized with a strong ability to multitask & manage time effectively, and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team. About Operam
At Operam we combine the best and brightest data scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into one company with offices in LA, Prague, and Bratislava. We utilize machine learning to guide our decisions, real-time data to receive creative insight, and algorithms to continually optimize content. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Operam Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Operam") have an internal recruiting department. Operam may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters (“Agency”). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Operam employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – Operam’s recruiting team or other authorized Operam personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Operam from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Operam mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Operam employees, or to Operam’s resume database will be considered Operam property. Operam will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Operam will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.