The SVP, Strategy + Comms Planning is responsible for leading the planning discipline across clients, as well as the strategic thought leadership and best practices across channels (digital, social, programmatic, etc.) to deliver the best results.
You will design and drive the strategy, planning, and direction across all activity informed by consumer insights, creative thinking, and data; and manage and mentor a team with varying levels of experience.Responsibilities:
- Develop measurable media communication plans that align to business objectives, incorporate industry innovation, and leverage appropriate channels (primarily digital and some traditional would be good to have though not mandatory)
- Work closely with our Operam dept. (Account / Media / Analytics / Growth / Programmatic) leads and be a thought partner and creative problem solver across short- and long-term campaigns and initiatives, creating and sharing media-related best practices and POVs
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with Marketing, Decision Science, Insights, and Creative teams, providing communications planning and media thought leadership
- Partner with external media agencies (as apropos via existing client roster) and internal buying teams to collaborate on media planning and execution
- Voice a strong POV, based on client objectives, media knowledge & communication goals
- Steward client relationship in a hands-on manner
- Lead and manage all strategic channel planning activities
- Lead development of planning objectives and strategies that align with the client’s marketing direction
- Establish and grow a strong relationship with the client through a demonstration of industry knowledge and of the client’s basic business issues
- MUST HAVE experience working with theatrical clients
- 10+ years experience in communications planning roles at an agency or within client organization
- Experience in planning and executing multi-channel, full-funnel media campaigns
- Experience working data-driven environments
- Experience presenting to project stakeholders
- Experience navigating cross-functional teams and dynamics
- Experience representing and advocating for team objectives across varying levels of stakeholders
- Knowledge of trends and innovation in media, tracking, analytics and research
- Experience pulling insights from data and tell a story using those insights
- Experience leading multiple full-funnel media strategies from inception to launch
- Experience collaborating with partners across Earned, Owned and Shared Media
- Experience communicating in the role of individual channels vs. how channels complement each other in a plan
- Ability to lead with confidence, hunger, and breadth across every area of the business. Capable of taking business and marketing objectives and translating them into vision, strategy and approach
- Strong listening skills, people management and collaboration at heart of everyday pulse
At Operam we combine the best and brightest data scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into one company with offices in LA, Prague, and Bratislava. We utilize machine learning to guide our decisions, real-time data to receive creative insight, and algorithms to continually optimize content. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Operam Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Operam") have an internal recruiting department. Operam may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters (“Agency”). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Operam employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – Operam’s recruiting team or other authorized Operam personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Operam from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Operam mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Operam employees, or to Operam’s resume database will be considered Operam property. Operam will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Operam will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.