Your Guide to Advertising on TikTok
Harnessing the power of social media advertising is a crucial part of any marketing strategy. While there are many platforms available, with 689 million active users around the world each month, advertising on TikTok gives you access to a vast audience.
To get the most from your TikTok ads, make sure you know the basics.
Get Familiar with TikTok Ad Types
TikTok offers several different ad products and formats:
- In-Feed Ads – Similar to other social media platforms, an in-feed TikTok ad appears in a user’s “For You” feed. In-feed ads can be up to 60-seconds long and include a call-to-action button linking to your website. Like a Facebook ad, users can interact with these ads (like, share, etc.)
- Branded Effects – Customize your TikTok ad with branded shareable stickers, lenses, stickers, AR filters, and custom filters you create. They offer powerful options to improve engagement with your ads on TikTok.
- Branded Hashtag Challenge – A unique option that allows you to sponsor a Hashtag Challenge and invite users to create their own TikToks. A Branded Hashtag Challenge is a great way to make a splash while generating brand awareness and driving engagement!
- Brand Takeover – An engaging full-screen splash page (video or static) that appears for 3-5 seconds when someone opens the app.
- TopView – Full-screen, sound-on video experience that plays automatically when a user opens the app. Advertisers running TopView will have 100% SOV (share of voice) for the day.
As with any type of paid advertising, you want to know the TikTok advertising cost upfront so you can define and maximize your budget.
Reach out to Operam to discuss the latest rates for any of the TikTok ad formats.
Create Authentic Ads
TikTok is a creative platform, so your ad should be creative! Your TikTok ads should be authentic and represent your brand. Try using TikTok’s editing tools to jazz up your existing product photography. Feature people interacting with your product in a real setting, not just a photo studio.
Ready to Run TikTok Ads?
Contact Operam to get started with Tiktok advertising today! We can’t wait to help you advertise your business on TikTok.