How it works
Google Shopping uses advertisers’ ecommerce or in-store inventory to feature products in relevant Google Search results. Because Shopping ads allow customers to browse and buy instantly, they’re ideal for capturing high-intent searches, increasing traffic, generating leads, and driving sales.
What we do
As a Google Premier Partner, Operam is highly experienced with Google Shopping campaigns and has the skills to drive the results you want. We’re experts at managing the technical aspects of Google Merchant Center and using our insight to improve campaign performance. Because we know how complex Google Shopping can be, we also provide dedicated support for advertisers using this platform.
Why you'll love it
Since Google Shopping is ideal for driving conversions, these ads align well with lower-funnel strategies. With these ads, you can leverage:
- In-Market Segments: Reach people with an intent to purchase what you’re selling, even if they’re not familiar with your brand—yet.
- Remarketing Lists: Reengage website visitors to encourage further browsing, research, and consideration.
- Custom Segments: Fine-tune your targeting with separate segments for loyal customers or people who have abandoned shopping carts.
CAMPAIGNS RUNAcross all types of campaigns, verticals, and business goals.
ANNUAL SPENDOperam is familiar with budgets of all sizes, and can recommend the best Google Shopping campaign for your business to reach your marketing goals.
EFFICIENCY INCREASEAverage improvement for clients on their Cost-Per-Thousand-Impressions (CPM) Efficiencies is 19% over their previous agency.
Heading into Q4 and a critical holiday shopping season, Outdoor Voices needed a digital performance marketing strategy to increase online sales and improve Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
By leveraging media buying platforms across social (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat), search (Google, Bing), Programmatic (Native and Display placements) in conjunction with optimizing email capture and creative testing, Operam achieved two main goals:
Driving incremental sales lift during peak holiday season
Dynamically optimizing creative ad rotations based on inventory and product promotions
Operam revamped target audiences and simplified campaign structures to increase cost efficiencies around distribution as well as reducing ad fatigue. For Native and Display campaigns, Operam leveraged 1st + 3rd party behavioral and transactional audiences to increase exposure among high purchase intent customers.
Operam also conducted a series of creative tests to determine an ideal placement mix across Web, Tablet, and Mobile across all paid media platforms, optimizing for overall frequency + recency control and ROAS.
Lastly, as a continued evergreen approach, Operam spearheaded efforts for additional prospecting and retention efforts to not only increase the overall size of Outdoor Voices’s 1st party audiences, but also to optimize referral + promotion initiatives to increase the overall Lifetime Value (LTV) of their customer base.
Over a three-month period, Operam’s digital advertising campaigns drove impressive results for the Outdoor Voices. Our Facebook Ads campaigns achieved a 72% Return on Ad Spend increase YoY, and we achieved 9x Return on Ad Spend across Native and Display placements. Our Google Shopping campaigns generated 2x Return on Ad Spend, and we drove 55% more conversions YoY with 18% less budget on Google.
ROAS across Native and Display placements
ROAS on Google Shopping Campaigns
"Operam helped increase our return on ad spend by 300% during the time we worked together. Their team's willingness to be strategic, flexible, and helpful helped us grow our new business unit. We were impressed with the quality of the engagement."
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!”
Google Shopping FAQ
What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping displays advertisers’ products on Google Search, Google’s Shopping tab, and select partner websites. Unlike Google Search—which allows a keyword-based strategy—Google Shopping relies on your Merchant Center data. That means a strong data feed is critical to a successful Shopping campaign.
Advertisers can choose from two types of Google Shopping ads. Both can include product images, names, and prices to encourage high-intent users to act:
- Product Shopping Ads: Display your ecommerce inventory and link directly to products in your website or app.
- Local Inventory Ads: Shift in-store inventory online, using Google as an ecommerce storefront for local customers.
Shopping ads use a cost-per-click (CPC) bidding strategy. That means you pay only when your ad receives clicks, not when it gets impressions. You can adjust and pause budgets in real-time, making Google Shopping ads highly flexible.
Who should run Google Shopping ads?
Retail businesses that have ecommerce stores or a desire to sell products locally can benefit from Google Shopping. In most cases, it doesn’t matter what type of audience you want to reach. Since Google claims over 90% of search market share, Google Shopping makes it easy to find your target demographic or reengage prospects.
Shopping campaigns are also highly scalable. That makes Google Shopping a good choice for brands with ambitious goals.
How can an agency help?
Because Google Shopping ads rely on Merchant Center data rather than keywords, these ads require an in-depth understanding of data feeds. Working with Operam means you get access to data feed experts and technology partners who can execute and optimize campaigns successfully.
We also tailor Google Shopping campaigns to meet seasonal demand, mirror inventory levels, support new product launches, or even test markets and price points. We provide actionable intelligence, as we continuously measure performance against key performance indicators (KPIs) to deliver the greatest return on your advertising spend (ROAS).
Great question. Here's why you'll appreciate working with us:
- Platform Experts: As a Google Premier Partner, Operam belongs to an exclusive tier. Our experience with Google Shopping and Search places us in the top 3% of Google Partners.
- Merchant Center Experts: We know how opaque Google Merchant Center can seem. That’s why we work with cutting-edge technology partners to execute and optimize.
- Google Feed Leaders: The quality of your data feed isn’t something to take lightly. That’s why we enhance ad performance by improving feed quality and resolving errors.
- Website Validation Specialists: Success with Google Shopping requires more than just great ads. That’s why we continually monitor website compatibility to improve ad delivery.
Ready to get started with Google Shopping? Complete the form below to start driving sales and increasing revenue with Google Shopping today.
Check us out in the news, read our blog, or learn more!
We’re excited to help you achieve your marketing goals!Discover how a team of marketing experts can immediately improve your campaign performance.
- Identify opportunities within existing marketing campaigns and landing pages to increase overall conversion rates
- Define additional customer targets to effectively scale and grow your business
- Maximize your Return on Ad Spend by eliminating media waste from underperforming audiences and creatives
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!” - Represent
Ready to speak with a marketing expert? Give us a ring: