How it works
In-Housing allows businesses to shift toward agency independence by managing Paid Social + Paid Search internally. With In-Housing, you can improve paid media capabilities and adopt a cost-effective approach while getting access to the training, consulting, and support your team needs to succeed.
What we do
Operam uses a multi-phase process to migrate paid media planning and buying in-house. Our In-Housing program has helped partners step away from outsourcing in order to reduce external spend, gain greater control over brand voice, and optimize internal resources like staff and technology.
Why you'll love it
Moving toward agency independence doesn’t mean your paid media team has to lose access to Operam’s resources, tools, and expertise. We approach In-Housing in three phases over a defined timeline:
- Initial Discovery: First, we review your paid media campaigns, technology partners, and billing processes to assess risk and identify opportunities.
- Train + Transition: Next, we guide your internal team through training exercises to help you master the steps via an online or on-site presence.
Agency Support: Finally, we provide ongoing support as necessary so your business can continue to achieve success with paid media.
CAMPAIGNS RUNAcross all types of campaigns, verticals, and business goals.
ANNUAL SPENDOperam is familiar with budgets of all sizes, and can recommend the best campaigns for your business to reach your marketing goals.
EFFICIENCY INCREASEAverage improvement for clients on their Cost-Per-Thousand-Impressions (CPM) Efficiencies is 19% over their previous agency.
The Partner’s goal was to ultimately bring all media execution in-house. Their primary business objectives behind this was to improve performance and save on external agency fees.
Operam developed a multi-phased approach tailored to the Partner’s six-month timeline and unique needs.
Phase 1: Discovery
To understand the Partner’s needs, Operam conducted on-site interviews, shadowed team members, and audited previous campaign performances. From campaign execution and reporting to org charts and operations, Operam dove into every detail of their existing workflow. Operam delivered a summary and analysis that included a transition blueprint to address the Partner’s processes and structures moving forward.
Phase 2: Train and Transition
Campaigns outperformed the Partner’s benchmarks across all platforms. For instance, Facebook saw significant improvement in showtime lookup performance, while Snap generated above benchmark swipe up rates and below benchmark cost per swipe up.
Transition and Training
Once a new plan was agreed upon, Operam developed comprehensive onboarding and training materials. These detailed a 6-week program to train new hires in core areas.
Operam materials accounted for the Partner’s internal structure, processes, and workflow. Operam also provided tools and resources for smooth campaign execution (Templates, checklists, naming conventions,etc.) Operam also partnered in developing hiring support, such as ability “tests” for candidates.
Phase 3: Agency “Help Desk”
Operam remained a partner available to help as needed. This model allowed the Partner to leverage Operam on an as needed basis moving forward. For any overflow work, updates to best practices, or general strategy brainstorming sessions, Operam’s team was readily available.
Operam’s phased transition enabled the Partner to hire and train 3+ new employees by the end of Phase 2. These employees were trained to ultimately take on all buying responsibilities for campaigns.
The Partner reported 19% improvement to CPM efficiencies since the in-house team kicked off. And with Operam’s help, The Partner implemented refined processes and structures, fostering efficiencies in campaign management, noting they are able to move “five times faster in launching new assets to market, changing audience segments or targeting parameters.”
Improvement to CPM efficiencies
Rate in launching new assets to market
"Operam helped increase our return on ad spend by 300% during the time we worked together. Their team's willingness to be strategic, flexible, and helpful helped us grow our new business unit. We were impressed with the quality of the engagement."
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!”
What is In-Housing?
In-housing is the process of migrating paid media management from an external agency to an internal team. Although In-Housing generally requires significantly more internal resources, it offers substantial benefits like advanced expense management and greater media control. With a successful approach to In-Housing, businesses can continue to plan, buy, and execute media plans at a similar scale.
Operam’s In-Housing program focuses on these key elements:
- Support + Execution: We provide online and in-person training as well as assistance with media planning and buying.
- Help Desk: We provide consulting and support on an ongoing basis so your business can continue to succeed.
- Managed Services: We provide oversight for select services throughout the transition period as necessary.
Who should use In-Housing?
Businesses seeking to plan, buy, and execute paid media at scale while maintaining a high level of control over the process can benefit from In-Housing. This approach can be especially beneficial for businesses that already have or plan to hire an internal paid media team.
In-Housing is also a good choice for businesses that need to streamline paid media workflows, reduce agency partnerships, and achieve greater cost transparency. Since In-Housing typically includes agency guidance, it’s ideal for companies that need ongoing support and consulting.
How can an agency help?
Building out an internal paid media team and developing effective strategies and workflows from scratch isn’t easy. Working with Operam allows your team to oversee and optimize paid media while maintaining access to training, support, and optional outsourcing.
We use the discovery phase to gain a complete understanding of your business goals, your capabilities, and your paid media activities. Then we implement team members to lead the process:
- Transition Head: Is the primary point of contact and ensures success
- Social Director: Serves as a dedicated senior social media buying expert
- Social Buyers: Execute media plans and assist with training as necessary
An agency offering In-Housing may seem counterintuitive—but Operam believes in enabling client success, no matter what route that may take. Our In-Housing process provides these valuable benefits:
- Brand-Driven Focus: Your team can concentrate on shaping campaigns around brand and revenue goals rather than focusing on margin.
- Media Performance: Your team can learn from the best and adopt our well-tested tactics to improve media performance and ROAS.
- Cost Efficiency: Your team can streamline internal media operations and achieve tighter control over ad placement to decrease costs.
- Targeting Data: Your team can leverage internal planning, strategy, and buying resources for more effective lower- and upper-funnel targeting.
- Real-Time Optimization: Your team can execute increasingly complex campaign testing and optimize ongoing performance in real time.
Are you ready to grow your internal team and achieve agency independence? Complete the form below to begin discussing In-Housing with Operam today.
Check us out in the news, read our blog, or learn more!
We’re excited to help you achieve your marketing goals!Discover how a team of marketing experts can immediately improve your campaign performance.
- Identify opportunities within existing marketing campaigns and landing pages to increase overall conversion rates
- Define additional customer targets to effectively scale and grow your business
- Maximize your Return on Ad Spend by eliminating media waste from underperforming audiences and creatives
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!” - Represent
Ready to speak with a marketing expert? Give us a ring: