How it works
Pinterest Advertising displays sponsored content across a social media channel that excels at driving discovery and conversions. With Pinterest Ads, you can capture both casual browsers and high-intent shoppers with powerful targeting and cost-effective campaigns.
What we do
Operam takes an audience-centric approach to Pinterest Advertising. Our media plans use a combination of first-party segments and behavioral data to target high-value audiences strategically. Our Pinterest Advertising campaigns generate measurable results—and we use key benchmarks to provide additional insight.
Why you’ll love it
Pinterest Advertising offers solutions to help you meet business goals throughout the funnel:
- Awareness: Reach new customers at scale and improve brand or product recall with a brand awareness objective.
- Consideration: Attract more interest to your Pins or get more traffic to your website with a video view or consideration objective.
- Conversion: Generate signups, subscriptions, and sales off- or online with a conversions or catalog sales objective..
CAMPAIGNS RUNAcross all types of campaigns, verticals, and business goals.
ANNUAL SPENDOperam is familiar with budgets of all sizes, and can recommend the best Pinterest campaign for your business to reach your marketing goals.
EFFICIENCY INCREASEAverage improvement for clients on their Cost-Per-Thousand-Impressions (CPM) Efficiencies is 19% over their previous agency.
In 2019, Orion Pictures asked for our help in resurrecting the iconic horror film, Child’s Play.
We were tasked with driving interest and awareness of the film’s theatrical release, with a particular focus on enticing modern audiences for the revival of the 1980s cult classic. But how does one go about capturing the attention of overstimulated young horror fans in a modern world?
To resurrect the film, we decided to use Chucky’s mischievous personality and let the evil doll loose on the Internet.
Our strategy: Use Chucky’s mischievous personality to our advantage. How? By letting the evil doll loose on the internet.
To begin, we wanted to make an unexpected splash, so we started on a network where the most jolting surprise users are accustomed to is a distasteful color clash: Pinterest. We disrupted their experience by placing seemingly normal pins on their feed... that is, until Chucky slashed his way through the ads, startling Pinterest users in an unforgettable way.
Next, we took Chucky’s mischief a step further by developing the first ever branded Reddit bot, allowing horror fans to interact and play with Chucky themselves. Programmed with over 600 custom responses, you could chat with Chucky, ask him to draw you a picture, tell you a joke, or even play a series of creepy games.
After getting word of Child’s Play out on Pinterest and Reddit, we needed to continue driving awareness of the film in a big way. To do so, we made a total of 100 videos that were syndicated across social, digital, and broadcast TV.
The Reddit bot killed it; it was deemed the most engaging ad on Reddit ever, winning 10 Reddit awards and generating over 43,000 comments and counting. In total, we generated more than 18 million impressions.
And, our top-performing spot slashed up the competition, out-performing overall and testing at a 4.5% share rate.
Ultimately, we were given a task by Orion, and we executed. The campaign proved that Chucky still has an edge that modern audiences die for.
"Operam helped increase our return on ad spend by 300% during the time we worked together. Their team's willingness to be strategic, flexible, and helpful helped us grow our new business unit. We were impressed with the quality of the engagement."
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!”
Pinterest Ads FAQ
What is Pinterest Advertising?
Pinterest Advertising gets results, especially when it comes to lower-funnel events and audiences. An impressive 85% of users have purchased a product they learned about on Pinterest. The channel’s sponsored content has a cost per conversion (CPC) that’s 2.3x more efficient than other social channels. Compared to competing channels, Pinterest Advertising provides a 2x higher return on ad spend (ROAS) for retail brands.
A successful Pinterest Advertising strategy uses one or more of these visual ad formats:
- Standard Pins: Showcase products or branded content with Pins that fit in seamlessly with organic in-feed content.
- Video Pins: Tell an engaging brand story and leverage Pinterest’s max width option to expand content across the mobile feed.
- Carousel Pins: Display multiple products or features in an interactive ad that includes up to five cards with individual links.
- Shopping Pins: Promote product Pins with shopping ads designed to send users to your product catalog or landing page.
- Collection Pins: Mix and match branded video with lifestyle content to capture interest and drive conversions efficiently.
Who should run Pinterest Ads?
Businesses that want to tap into a curious, engaged user base should use Pinterest Advertising. About 85% of users rely on the channel to plan projects, and holiday planning can begin up to nine months in advance.
With Pinterest Ads, you can reach more than 450 million monthly active users and a rapidly growing audience of Gen Zers. With an effective campaign, you can capture initial interest, ensure your brand remains top-of-mind, and drive conversions when users are ready to purchase.
How can an agency help?
Because of their limited resources and benchmarks, independent advertisers can only accomplish so much with Pinterest. When you work with Operam, you get access to Pinterest Advertising expertise that spans verticals and business stages.
Our approach to Pinterest Advertising centers on your business’s goals and needs. We can determine the budget you’ll need to achieve the results you want—or use your target budget to provide you with a media model of your potential results.
When you work with Operam, you get these key benefits:
- Pinterest Expertise: We’re experts at developing and executing successful Pinterest Advertising strategies. From prospecting to conversions, we have the knowledge and skills necessary to make your campaign succeed.
- Continuous Monitoring: We don’t let campaigns run on autopilot. Our global team monitors and optimizes campaigns in real time around the clock to drive peak performance 24/7.
- Advanced Targeting: We know that targeting your ideal customer requires more than broad audiences or narrow interests. We build audiences strategically, using combinations of first-party data and behavior signals.
- Proprietary Benchmarks: We never have to guess how your results add up. We use benchmarks for your industry and objective to gauge performance, optimize outcomes, and drive the best possible campaign results.
Fill out the form below to get started with Pinterest Advertising today. From driving discovery to generating conversions, Operam is here to help you meet your advertising goals.
Check us out in the news, read our blog, or learn more!
We’re excited to help you achieve your marketing goals!Discover how a team of marketing experts can immediately improve your campaign performance.
- Identify opportunities within existing marketing campaigns and landing pages to increase overall conversion rates
- Define additional customer targets to effectively scale and grow your business
- Maximize your Return on Ad Spend by eliminating media waste from underperforming audiences and creatives
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!” - Represent
Ready to speak with a marketing expert? Give us a ring: