What is Connected TV Advertising?
CTV Ads enable you to reach your target audience alongside and outside of traditional programming. Connected TV:
- Allows advertisers to reach more than 200 million adults, an age-diverse audience that’s 21% 18-24 years old, 24% 25-34, 27% 35-54, and 29% 55+.
- Leverages a platform with exponentially increasing daily watch times—from 46 minutes in 2018 to 180 minutes in 2020.
- Lets you connect with highly engaged viewers who stream daily (63%) or weekly (94%), averaging 23 per hours of content each week.
A full-funnel CTV strategy leverages platforms like DirecTV Now, Dish Network, Roku, and SlingTV using one or more of these ad format options:
- Instream: Delivers short messages via pre, mid-, and post-roll video ads.
- Interactive Pre-Roll: Uses interactive elements to boost engagement and brand lift before streaming.
- Home Screen: Appears on a CTV device’s home screen for static, high-frequency delivery.
With CTV Ads, you can reach both TV On Demand (VOD) viewers who stream CTV in a non-linear manner and live TV viewers who watch broadcast programming via CTV. This platform also gives you access to high-value targeting options:
- First-Party Data: Upload your own customer lists so you can reach more relevant viewers via secure, automated device ID matching.
- Third-Party Data: Access prebuilt customer segments from third-party providers to reach untapped viewers.
- User Data: Rely on audience demographics—such as age and location—as well as interest and behavior to reach shoppers who match your ideal customer profile.
- Addressable TV Advertising Data: Leverage more granular targeting to provide per-household advertising based on purchase intent and other insightful data.
Who should use Connected TV?
Do you want to reach the 70 million streaming-only households across the United States and deliver relevant ads via a fast-growing advertising platform? Connected TV Advertising is right for your business. By incorporating CTV Ads into your media plan, you can reach both viewers who don’t watch cable and launch cross-screen campaigns to connect with viewers who consume linear and CTV.
How can an agency help?
Tapping into third-party data, accessing private marketplaces, and aligning campaigns cross-screen pose serious challenges for independent advertisers. We’ll help you create a coherent media plan in a disconnected market. At Operam, we choose CTV partners based on your needs—not our internal preferences. We work with a range of partners, including: Hulu, Pluto, Tubi, Xumo As a preferred partner, Operam has exclusive access to select networks’ alpha programs. That allows us to help you reach users across broadcast, cable, and premium channels via partners like: ESPN Live, Hulu, Vudu, AppNexus
Here’s what distinguishes Operam—and how you’ll benefit from working with us:
- Measurement Experts: CTV advertising metrics go far beyond impressions alone. As an early adopter of CTV Ads, Operam is fluent in CTV and cross-screen measurement so you can expect accurate, insightful results.
- Cost-Effective Scaling: Why overpay for CTV Ads? At Operam, we’ve saved clients 25-30% while lowering cost per subscription and increasing spend by more than 500%. That means you can expect audience reach that’s impressive yet cost-effective.
- Agility + Flexibility: Concerned about steep costs and rigid strategies? At Operam, we don’t lock advertisers into upfronts with specific networks. Instead, flighting and budget can be flexible—and we can adjust in real time. This agility enables us to reach the right audience on the right networks and offer access to premium inventory at competitive rates.
- Brand Safety: Why pay to position your brand alongside irrelevant content or in front of uninterested audiences? Operam relies on block lists to ensure that your CTV Ads pair with the optimal content and appear before relevant audiences—so you get the best results for your budget.
- Total Transparency: At Operam, we don’t hide costs. We’re transparent about all fees, and we list costs clearly in your media plan. We don’t pad our margins, so you can rest assured that you have a clear understanding of your ad spend.
Operam can serve as your agency, managing CTV Advertising from beginning to end. Or we can train your team to take CTV Ads in-house, providing the consulting and support your team needs to get on track. Our people are curious, transparent, committed - and eager to work with you! Getting advice from our experts is easy. You can get their latest thoughts on digital growth solutions by checking out our resources page. You can also get in touch through our contact page or give us a call at 855.551.3282.