How it works
Connected TV (CTV) Advertising delivers premium streaming content via smart TVs, gaming consoles, streaming sticks, and OTT (over-the-top) devices. It aligns advertising across streaming and linear TV to combine the massive reach of TV with the superior accuracy of digital measurement.
What we do
Operam develops full-funnel CTV strategies designed with your business goals in mind. We work with a range of high-profile CTV partners and leverage alpha program access to drive better results for you. We offer full-service management or consulting to enhance your in-house capabilities.
You will love it because
With CTV, you can meet business goals at every stage of the sales funnel:
- Awareness: Use first and third-party data to reach relevant audiences while decreasing cost per completed view.
- Consideration: Educate your most valuable audiences about your brand and stay top-of-mind during purchasing decisions..
- Conversion: Urge prospects to buy, subscribe, or download—and achieve lift via off- and online sales.
CAMPAIGNS RUNAcross all types of campaigns, verticals, and business goals.
ANNUAL SPENDOperam is familiar with budgets of all sizes, and can recommend the best CTV campaign for your business to reach your marketing goals.
EFFICIENCY INCREASEAverage improvement for clients on their Cost-Per-Thousand-Impressions (CPM) Efficiencies is 19% over their previous agency.
The restaurant wanted to understand how effective CTV advertising on Hulu would lift sales in their markets with an audience of 18 to 49 year olds.
Using a large audience sample to get enough statistical significance, we measured the control group against the average spend per household, shop rate, transaction per household and spend per transaction. With the view to measuring ‘effectiveness of exposure’ to the campaign on Hulu. Of particular interest was the incremental sales lift and increase in awareness and consideration of the restaurant due to advertising on Hulu.
The campaign drove a 62% lift in sales, showing the campaign resonated with the Hulu audience and drove conversion. Individuals exposed to the campaign drove a 33% lift in transactions per household, suggesting the campaign influenced repeat purchases. An increased frequency also was found to elicit the highest response rates across key sales metrics. GatewayGo, a new ad experience, had the biggest impact on sales metrics, pairing with the campaign successfully. Hulu viewers exposed to the campaign spent an incremental $0.02 at the restaurant, compared to those not exposed to the campaign. The campaign drove a 31% lift in transactions per household. This suggests that those exposed to the campaign were more likely to make a repeat purchase at the restaurant. Additionally, there was a 19% lift in shop rate, demonstrating the campaign was effective in converting customers.
Lift in Sales
Lift in Transactions Per Household
Lift in Shop Rate
"Operam helped increase our return on ad spend by 300% during the time we worked together. Their team's willingness to be strategic, flexible, and helpful helped us grow our new business unit. We were impressed with the quality of the engagement."
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!”
Connected TV FAQ
What is Connected TV Advertising?
CTV Ads enable you to reach your target audience alongside and outside of traditional programming. Connected TV:
- Allows advertisers to reach more than 200 million adults, an age-diverse audience that’s 21% 18-24 years old, 24% 25-34, 27% 35-54, and 29% 55+.
- Leverages a platform with exponentially increasing daily watch times—from 46 minutes in 2018 to 180 minutes in 2020.
- Lets you connect with highly engaged viewers who stream daily (63%) or weekly (94%), averaging 23 per hours of content each week.
A full-funnel CTV strategy leverages platforms like DirecTV Now, Dish Network, Roku, and SlingTV using one or more of these ad format options:
- Instream: Delivers short messages via pre, mid-, and post-roll video ads.
- Interactive Pre-Roll: Uses interactive elements to boost engagement and brand lift before streaming.
- Home Screen: Appears on a CTV device’s home screen for static, high-frequency delivery.
With CTV Ads, you can reach both TV On Demand (VOD) viewers who stream CTV in a non-linear manner and live TV viewers who watch broadcast programming via CTV. This platform also gives you access to high-value targeting options:
- First-Party Data: Upload your own customer lists so you can reach more relevant viewers via secure, automated device ID matching.
- Third-Party Data: Access prebuilt customer segments from third-party providers to reach untapped viewers.
- User Data: Rely on audience demographics—such as age and location—as well as interest and behavior to reach shoppers who match your ideal customer profile.
- Addressable TV Advertising Data: Leverage more granular targeting to provide per-household advertising based on purchase intent and other insightful data.
Who should use Connected TV?
Do you want to reach the 70 million streaming-only households across the United States and deliver relevant ads via a fast-growing advertising platform? Connected TV Advertising is right for your business. By incorporating CTV Ads into your media plan, you can reach both viewers who don’t watch cable and launch cross-screen campaigns to connect with viewers who consume linear and CTV.
How can an agency help?
Tapping into third-party data, accessing private marketplaces, and aligning campaigns cross-screen pose serious challenges for independent advertisers. We’ll help you create a coherent media plan in a disconnected market. At Operam, we choose CTV partners based on your needs—not our internal preferences. We work with a range of partners, including: Hulu, Pluto, Tubi, Xumo As a preferred partner, Operam has exclusive access to select networks’ alpha programs. That allows us to help you reach users across broadcast, cable, and premium channels via partners like: ESPN Live, Hulu, Vudu, AppNexus
Here’s what distinguishes Operam—and how you’ll benefit from working with us:
- Measurement Experts: CTV advertising metrics go far beyond impressions alone. As an early adopter of CTV Ads, Operam is fluent in CTV and cross-screen measurement so you can expect accurate, insightful results.
- Cost-Effective Scaling: Why overpay for CTV Ads? At Operam, we’ve saved clients 25-30% while lowering cost per subscription and increasing spend by more than 500%. That means you can expect audience reach that’s impressive yet cost-effective.
- Agility + Flexibility: Concerned about steep costs and rigid strategies? At Operam, we don’t lock advertisers into upfronts with specific networks. Instead, flighting and budget can be flexible—and we can adjust in real time. This agility enables us to reach the right audience on the right networks and offer access to premium inventory at competitive rates.
- Brand Safety: Why pay to position your brand alongside irrelevant content or in front of uninterested audiences? Operam relies on block lists to ensure that your CTV Ads pair with the optimal content and appear before relevant audiences—so you get the best results for your budget.
- Total Transparency: At Operam, we don’t hide costs. We’re transparent about all fees, and we list costs clearly in your media plan. We don’t pad our margins, so you can rest assured that you have a clear understanding of your ad spend.
Operam can serve as your agency, managing CTV Advertising from beginning to end. Or we can train your team to take CTV Ads in-house, providing the consulting and support your team needs to get on track. Our people are curious, transparent, committed - and eager to work with you! Getting advice from our experts is easy. You can get their latest thoughts on digital growth solutions by checking out our resources page. You can also get in touch through our contact page or give us a call at 855.551.3282.
Check us out in the news, read our blog, or learn more!
We’re excited to help you achieve your marketing goals!Discover how a team of marketing experts can immediately improve your campaign performance.
- Identify opportunities within existing marketing campaigns and landing pages to increase overall conversion rates
- Define additional customer targets to effectively scale and grow your business
- Maximize your Return on Ad Spend by eliminating media waste from underperforming audiences and creatives
“Operam has truly transformed our marketing campaigns. The team is incredibly passionate and dedicated to our success -- It feels like they are an extension of our internal marketing team!” - Represent
Ready to speak with a marketing expert? Give us a ring: